Tahini Citrus Salad Dressing With Honey
Tahini Citrus Salad Dressing with Honey. Quick and easy, tahini whisked with fresh lemon juice and orange juice, honey and extra virgin olive oil. Takes minutes to make and brightens up any salad specially leafy ones like Kale and Mango Salad
Servings: 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons tahini /sesame paste
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest or zest from one Indian lemon
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder freshly ground/ or to taste
- 1/16 teaspoon salt a pinch/ or to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water if required to thin down the tahini
Pour the tahini into a bowl large enough to have space to whisk in.
Add lemon zest, freshly squeezed lemon juice and orange juice. Whisk it all together.
If the mixture is thick and stiff, add water a little at a time and whisk till the dressing is creamy and fluid. I added 1 tablespoon of water to get this effect
Add honey, whisk it in.
Add salt and black pepper, stir it in.
Drizzle in the olive oil, stirring as you add.
Taste for seasoning and add a little more if required.
Store the Tahini Citrus Honey salad dressing, covered, in the fridge till required.
This salad dressing pairs well with leafy salads such as kale and mango salad and other salads with spinach or swiss chard.
Keeps for about a week, in the fridge, but this dressing is best when made fresh.