Stir Fried Vegetable Noodles with Ginger -Quick and Easy
Quick and easy Stir Fried Vegetable Noodles with Ginger and Miso Paste. Broccoli, Mushrooms and strips of cabbage, sweet peppers and carrot for a delicious meal
Servings: 2 People
For the noodles
- 7 cups water for cooking
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 300 gms Noodles about 150 gms per person
For Stir Fried Vegetables
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- ½" piece ginger minced
- 2 Spring Onions bulbs and leaves
- ⅛ cup Red Onions sliced
- ¼ cup carrot sliced into strips
- ¼ cup cabbage shredded into strips
- ¼ cup Red, green, yellow peppers sliced into strips
- ⅛ cup Beans sliced into 1 inch pieces, diagonally
- 2 baby corn cut into slim rounds
- ¼ cup broccoli sliced lengthwise
- ¼ cup Mushroom sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Miso Paste optional
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
To cook the Noodles
Boil a large pan of water. When it reaches a rolling boil, add a teaspoon of oil and salt.
Add the noodles and cook as per packet instructions.
Drain the noodles when done and quickly rinse in running water or plunge them in a pan of cold water so that they stop cooking further.
Quickly drain and set aside till required.
To make Vegetable Stir Fry
Wash and dry all the vegetables
Slice the cabbage. carrot, red, green and yellow peppers into thin strips
Slice the spring onion bulbs and the red onion into thin slices.
Slice the spring onion greens into 2cm long pieces.
Slice broccoli florets and mushrooms lengthwise into 2.
Mince ginger and garlic into small pieces
Slice baby corn into thin rounds
Slice the beans into 1" pieces, sliced diagonally across the bean
Heat a wok or large pan and add oil.
When the oil is very hot, add the garlic, ginger, onion and spring onion slices. Stir once and immediately add the cabbage, carrot and sweet bell peppers.
Toss the vegetables in the pan or else stir briskly for one minute.
Add sliced mushrooms, brocolli and baby corn.
Toss/ stir for about 2 minutes.
Add soy sauce, rice vinegar and miso paste (if using)
Add the drained noodles and stir them into the vegetables
Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot